One of my professors gave us an assigment to write down a list of reasons of why we teach. This is what I have come up with so far...
- I teach because nobody else can give a hug as big as a preschooler can.
- I teach because some kids might never be told that someone loves them if I do not tell them.
- I teach because I AM going to make a difference in the future.
- I teach because each day brings something new.
- I teach because my teachers have invested in me and made such an impact on my life.
- I teach because learning can be really fun.
- I teach because children are brutally honest. Always.
- I teach because everyone deserves a chance to learn.
- I teach because I have a passion for children and a desire to help them grow.
- I teach because I love receiving a prized piece of artwork or carefully crafted letter from a child.
- I teach because it is not just about academics.
- I teach because every student has potential.
- I teach because it is not a career… it is a calling.
- I teach because I will continually be challenged and never be bored.
- I teach because an “I love you” from a child can make my heart skip a beat.
- I teach because I want to show children that they can reach their dreams.
- I teach because connecting with a child is worth more than a meager paycheck.
- I teach because I know that every child has a story to tell.
- I teach because of Marsadie, Josh, Paige, Adrian, Callie, Malcolm, Ainsley, Dale, Madison, and so many more.
- I teach because I care.


No comments:
Post a Comment