1.09.2009

deactivated.

Today I did the unthinkable. I deactivated my Facebook account. Maybe not a big deal to most people... but to me... that was my lifeline to the world. Through Facebook I can foolishly pretend to be involved in people's day-to-day lives. But that's the thing... I'm just pretending. Do I really know all these "friends"? And do they really know me? Sure... there are a few real life friends that Facebook helps me to stay in touch with and it's awesome... but wouldn't I still be friends with these people if I e-mailed or called to see what was going on in their world? I find myself too often being consumed by looking through the photo albums of others and becoming jealous of all the things that they are doing and I am not. Totally stupid... but totally truth. Am I just using things like Facebook to block out the other things in my life? Am I using it as an excuse to not REALLY communicate with people? The only way to find out is to pull the cord. (At least for a little while!)

No comments:

Post a Comment