For some reason today... as I was sitting here in the freezing cold... I started thinking about summer. Then I started thinking about all the things I did last summer which made me think about the two VBS programs that I helped with. That triggered thoughts about my future and debating whether I would rather be around to help with local stuff this summer or be finding a job elsewhere. Then I ignored those thoughts and turned my attention to my own VBS memories.
There are SO many memories... but most involve the music. I have always remembered stuff better when it's set to a tune. I'm pretty sure that if you gave me the beginning of a song we did, I could at least hum it and could probably sing a portion of it. Oh VBS. Definitely good times. I also remember thinking that the teen/college helpers were SO cool and I wanted to be just like them. Wonder if any kids think that about me? Ha. I mean... in the last 2 summers I have helped with 5 different VBS programs at several churches. I'm just sayin'... that's a whole bunch of kiddos! :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment