1.18.2009

big girls don't cry

I am not usually a crier... but tonight... as I looked at the background of my computer... I just burst into tears. On my background are some first graders dressed in their Halloween costumes. Not just any first graders... MY first graders. MY first graders that were SOOOO very excited to see me when I stopped in and surprised them with a visit. MY first graders that grew leaps and bounds from that first day of school. MY first graders that will no longer be mine after Tuesday. They are getting a new student teacher. And they're not getting just any student teacher... but they are getting a girl that I have known since we were in first grade. I know the kiddos will love her and she will love them... but it's so hard to realize that life is moving on.

In 2008 alone, I got to know SO many different kiddos... field experiences... two student teaching placements... my preschoolers... 3 VBS programs... Jump Start kiddos... and so many more. I hope I made a difference in their lives. They sure made a difference in mine!

Wednesday I will start student teaching a new group of preschoolers. Fourteen girls and one boy. It's sure to be a wild ride... but I'm excited! I pray that these pint-sized squirts will impact my life and that I will impact theirs!

And in my heart I know that in a few months, I will cry as I leave these kiddos too...

No comments:

Post a Comment