1.11.2009

castles and leap frog

Last weekend I took a flying leap out of my comfort zone to help with a youth retreat. Sure... I can be outgoing and interactive with small children... but somewhere around 6th grade... they aren't little kids anymore and they start to intimidate me. Should I be intimidated? No. Am I anyways? Yes. So... I find myself 5 miles from home and back a long dirt road at "The Castle". A place frozen in time. A place invaded by a bazillion youth, counselors and people dedicated to serving for the weekend.

I thought I was ok with the whole idea of helping until I found out I was with the SENIOR HIGH girls! AHHHH!


The weekend ended up to be a HUGE blessing. I made many new friends... learned more about people I already knew... served on very little sleep... was surprised by a visit from one of my favorite people... and got to watch a bunch of teens commit to knowing, loving, and serving their God. Awesome.


So... I guess playing leap frog and jumping out of my comfort zone isn't always exactly what I thought it would be. Sometimes it's better. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment