3.17.2009

little teachers

In teaching you cannot always see the fruit of a day's work. Sometimes, it is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years. ~Jacques Barzun

I love my students. Absolutely love them. Even on days when they are silly and crazy and could care less about learning what I want them to learn, they are fantastic people. However, they are not just students. Each kiddo is so much more than that. I am realizing more and more how much each child teaches me and the other children! It is so amazing to watch these kiddos as they learn and grow! And even though these children may not always pay attention to the content I am teaching, they are paying attention to how I treat them and love on them and interact with them. I pray that even when this is not visible in their actions, each child carries this love into their own lives and how they interact with others outside the classroom now and as they grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment