"Anyone who has ever been able to sustain good work has had at least one person - and often many 0f whom have believed in him or her. We don't get to be competent human beings without a lot of different investments from others." - Fred Rogers
Each day we are CONSTANTLY investing in something... whether it be our jobs, our families, our friends, our faith, our addictions, our neighbors, or a bajillion other things. I feel like I spend a pretty good chunk of time investing in those around me - especially kiddos!
However, I also know a good number of people that have invested in me over the years. :-) The people that have made my life better. The people that have opened my eyes to new ideas and ways of thinking. The people that have lived out their faith vividly as a spectacular role model. The people that have spent their valuable time to push me as far as I could reach. The people that love me for who I am now.
As I get ready to leave being a full-time student behind and enter the real world, I know I would not be who I am today without the investments other people have made in me. I can't help but be extremely thankful for each of these blessings I have been given. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment