3.01.2009

day by day

Today has been a day where my mind keeps spinning. It is a day where it is a challenge to focus on the tasks that must be done. Sometimes this sort of thing just happens to me when I have a whole lot to do. Kind of like a shutdown of sorts.

Anyway... about that spinning of the mind. A bunch of my thoughts are about people and how we perceive those around us. I feel like we often become so preoccupied with what is going on in our immediate lives, that we forget that other people are living their lives too. It is really selfish when I stop and think about it.

Would it really throw my schedule completely off to actually stop and talk with someone for five minutes instead of rushing past with merely a brief wave in their general direction? - Probably not.

Could there be a reason someone is putting on a show or pulling out some attitude? - Probably.
Do I have the slightest idea of what a person's day has been like outside of my interactions with them? - Probably not.

Maybe instead of becoming annoyed with why people cannot telepathically read my mind and know exactly what I need... I should take some time to show them that I care instead. It could be exactly what THEY need...

No comments:

Post a Comment