2.25.2009

what i want.

"So... do you know where you want to teach after college?"


That's the question these days. If I had a dollor for every time I was asked that question and two dollars for every time I heard it being asked to someone else... I wouldn't have to do anything after college!


Last week I went to have my resume looked at by our Education Career Services lady... who is terrific. Unfortunately, my resume needed few changes. Why is this unfortunate? Because it allowed plenty of time for her to talk to me about future plans. AHHH. One of the things she suggested that I do is make a list of the qualities I want in my future school. SO... here goes a work in progress...

I want...
  • Coworkers that care about their students.
  • A friendly staff that actually likes each other. (At least, for the most part!)
  • The administrators to be supportive and knowledable.
  • Students that need me.
  • A fantastic mentor teacher.
  • People that push and help me to do better.
  • Kids that are willing to work hard and learn lots.
  • Parents that want more for their kids than just status quo.
  • A safe-ish area to live/work in.
  • Nice roommate(s).
  • A classroom where it is ok to give students hugs.

(I'll keep adding to this as I think of things... but please feel free to give suggestions!)

No comments:

Post a Comment