"I recently learned that in an average lifetime a person walks about sixty-five thousand miles. That's two and a half times around the world. I wonder where your steps will take you. I wonder how you'll use the rest of the miles you're given." - Fred Rogers
Think for a second about all the places you have walked in your life... all the people you have met... all the things you have done...
Isn't it overwhelming? Whether we are very old or very young, we all can say something about the kind of life we have lived by the steps we have taken.
My steps have taken me so many places. Places that I have loved and places that weren't so super. Places that I will never forget and places that are hard to remember.
One of the neatest things about all the steps we take are all the people we meet along the way. People that change and challenge the way we look at life. Children that inspire us to live up to their expectations. Family and friends that love on us when we do not deserve it. Then there are the people who have impacted us in our journey without even realizing their influence. There are also people that we may have impacted without knowing it.
I have already walked many, many miles in my life, but what am I going to do with the miles that are yet to come? I am going to serve others with all my heart. I am going to allow myself to be more transparent. I am going to speak up for what I believe in. I am going to thank the people who invest in me both intentionally and unknowingly. I am going to live my life without regrets and spend more time looking out the windshield than back through the rearview mirror.
What are you going to do with the rest of the miles you're given?
No comments:
Post a Comment